"The intensity at which you demand performance from the body must be matched with the intensity that you take care of it".
I just read that on another site and it hit me, strangely that this is what I seem to be lacking. As a first time Marathoner to be, do I have the support I need, mentally, physically and spiritually?
- do I eat properly? do nacho's and salsa count as a food group?
- do I get enough sleep? does sleeping at my office desk count?
- do I have an attitude of gratitude? YOU BET!
- do I have the mental fortitude to get out off the couch and into the cold five days a week? so far, mmmm, not really, but I'm working on it!
- am I getting support from my running friends! YES!
- am I self sabotaging myself? YES!
- have I given myself enough mental preparation for this distance? Yes, but I'm still whining....it's tooooo cold out!
- will I ask for a kick in the butt when I need it? Don't have to, my cheerleaders do that for me before I ask!
- am I giving myself credit for getting this far? sort of.........
- will I continue with the training and not bail? Absolutely, this feeling is temporary...
- have I figured out why I'm doing this training? Yes, to be a better me, to find where my inner strength is...where it comes from....
- am I being too serious and loosing the reason why I want to run a marathon? YES!
- will I lighten up and live by my own words, of "Life's fun if you don't weaken, enjoy your journey one step at a time....YOU BET!
so, what is your Thirteen on Thursday??