Monday 27 October 2008

WINTER STORM WATCH

So, I'm sitting here just finishing up my previous post and I'm thinking, geez, my furnance keeps coming on, what's with that? I didn't even wear a coat today...

so I flip over to Environment Canada and read THIS!

Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans


3:50 PM EDT


Monday 27 October 2008


Winter storm watch forOttawa North - Kanata - Orléans issued !!


The first Major snow storm of the season likely late Tuesday and Tuesday night.This is an alert to the potential development of dangerous winter weather conditions in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.


Humdinger may not be a scientific term but it may very well sum up the weather that mother nature has in store for eastern Ontario. It appears a noreaster will be born just off the North Carolina coast this evening then intensify rapidly tonight and Tuesday before slicing through southwestern Québec Tuesday night.


In advance of this system an expanding area of significant rain will blossom across far eastern Ontario on Tuesday before changing to heavy wet snow in many areas by late afternoon or early evening.


In a swath from Ottawa through Renfrew to Algonquin significant heavy snow will likely set in late Tuesday and continue into Wednesday morning. Snowfall accumulations in excess of 15 centimetres are likely before it tapers off during the day Wednesday.


The rain will linger in the extreme east on Tuesday..From Cornwall to Hawkesbury..Where a rainfall warning is possible once the track of the heaviest rain becomes more certain.


The rain will change to snow Tuesday night in this area. Strong northwest winds of 50 gusting up to 70 km/h Tuesday night in combination with the snow will create hazardous driving conditions due to snow and blowing snow with low visibilities especially when the mercury edges just below the freezing mark.


Also any residual leaves left on trees may create additional concerns of snow-laden limbs affecting power lines.The storm track is still somewhat uncertain.


Winter storm warnings and rainfall warnings will be issued as deemed appropriate as the situation unfolds.


CRAP, you can always tell when Halloween is close by, the weather likes to play tricks on us...


Life's fun if you don't weaken,


Lily

26 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i saw that too! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg!!! I am so not ready for this... I don't have snows on the car yet...

And the boy doesn't have boots. Nooooooooo...

Carly said...

Noooooooooo! I am so not ready for this. I saw flurries yesterday and cried.

chia said...

EEEEEEWWW!!! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

yeah... and it is going up to 14 C on Friday so it won't last long! just a tease of winter to come!
T

Jess said...

Cuddle in with some hot chocolate!

Marci said...

Crazy! I know we live in Canada, but I always seem to forget the winters during our summers!

C said...

Mother Nature is no longer playing nice, huh?

Stay safe and warm, Lily.

Marcy said...

And I was complaining about the snow we're going to get. YIKES chica! Stay safe!

Wes said...

Good thing you got those Dirty Girl thingees. No little winter storm is going to hold you back!!!! :-D

Steve Stenzel said...

Wow. That's too much snow for me to see right now. Gross.

Marlene said...

YIKES!!! Already?! Bundle up!

Nitmos said...

I've read several accounts of these winter days coming...and I scraped ice from my windshield this morning. STOP reminding me. I'm trying to pretend it's still summer and we are experiencing an unusually cold July day.

BeachRunner said...

Dang that stinks. Stay warm.

Vickie said...

Isn't it MUCH TOO EARLY for that dreaded S word?? We are getting threats of it too. My daughter lives on the east coast, right in the danger zone. That means the whole state will close down. So much for global warming. They can never convince me its true, living in the climate we live in.

triguyjt said...

bundle up

work on your packing of snowballs...... better technique can make more aerodynamic snowballs....

build a fort...
fire snowballs at your friends..

stock up on hot chocolate

Unknown said...

I'm allergic to snow...yuck!

Legs and Wings said...

Balmy in NS - 17 degrees here today. Rock on.

Runner Leana said...

That sounds terrible Laurel! Hope you stay safe!

bluecolnago said...

summer. i want endless summer. well, a little spring and fall...

Unknown said...

winter storm wathch?!?! Already?!?!

Casey said...

Yipe! Good luck! Golly, and it's not even November yet...!

Aka Alice said...

Awww...and here I am griping about the heat...

I don't miss the snow THAT much to see it in October, but maybe that means it'll be a good ski year???

Chris said...

I hope you know how to run in snow shoes.

Groover said...

Keep warm this winter. It looks (and sounds) terribly cold already and I guess that's only the start. :-(

Run Mommy said...

Hey! Just found your blog from Rambings...LOVED your running shoe shot. Sort of stresses me out though! I sure love being Canadian.. :)