Friday 17 October 2008

What is required is....

... a good kick in the pants!

Where, oh where, has my motivation gone?

My mind seems to have its own time frame and if I don't get a chance to get my run or swim in at a particular "time", well then, it just doesn't want to do it.

Maybe it is the onslaught of fall, darker mornings, darker earlier in the evening...maybe it is my reptilian brain, or maybe I'm a reincarnated hibernating bear.

I'm not too sure, but this certainly needs addressing and SOON.

Work has been very busy and my NEW business, has just taken OFF!!

Ladies, sorry, only my Canadian ladies, I'm sooo excited about this but I'm not allowed to link from my blog, but you can always track me down by email...I just know you will love, love, love the product!!!

This weekend the weather is suppose to be gorgeous again, so no matter what, I'm strapping on the kicks and getting out to enjoy this wonder full fall weather! I may even take Ruby Red out for one last spin!!!

Good luck to all of you who are running, racing, cycling and tri-ing....Good luck Vickie, Jan and Chia!!! Kick some Michigan butt!!

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

16 comments:

Nat said...

Must check out the product.

I bumped into one of the ladies I run with at the grocery store yesterday. We're going to do Rattle Me Bones at the end of Oct. We signed up for 10K. (We're going to take it slow and have fun.) You're welcome to join us...

Judi said...

To keep yourself in check , register for a winter race. :)

Marcy said...

Winter race! Winter race!

Damn you Canadians :P ;-) I want some products hehe.

Marlene said...

*MY FOOT* --*KICK*--> *YOUR BUTT*

Get out there and enjoy this glorious weather!

Unknown said...

Best wishes with your business.

Sounds like you need to find a Dec or Jan race to get your motivation back in gear. :-)

Wes said...

Motivation goes up and down. Just stay on top of the wave :-) Have a great weekend!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

It's normal for you. You're in Canada! LOL, just get off your butt and do it.....Easy for me to say.

jahowie said...

I was hibernating in September. I guess every once in while we just need some rest. NOW GET YOUR BUTT OUT THERE AND RUN THIS WEEKEND!! LOL!! Have a great weekend. :-)

Shoe Running said...

My trick to get myself out the door and on the run: Put on my running clothes.

Once I'm clad in cool max & spandex, I can't come up with any good excuses not to go for a run.

Putting on the running shoes helps a lot too :)

It's funny...kinda like pavlov's dogs! Ha ha!

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the motivation! Glad to hear business is going well!

Groover said...

Hi Laurel, my advise would be to take it easy for a couple of weeks. With a new job and business you are probably a little stressed. I've read many many times and experienced myself that it is not good to train when you have outside factors adding additional stress to your life. The result will be overtraining and the symptons are nasty (low mood, mood swings, lack of energy and motivation ... do I need to say more?). Take it easy for a while. I know it's hard not to beat yourself up but believe me, you are doing the right thing. Listen to your body.

Jess said...

Good luck with getting back out there this weekend!

Anonymous said...

go with groover what he says makes sense.
I, on the other hand, have no excuse for my procrastination of the things I am needing to get done.

Am working on it. Let's both do *something* and reward ourselves somehow. A nice brunch in the market some Saturday/Sunday morn?
hmmmmm? or even closer to the bay if you like!
t

Happy Weekend.!

teacherwoman said...

I think just adjusting to fall... especially the dark mornings and the evenings darkening earlier... it's crazy. And a lot to adjust to.

bluecolnago said...

i think i'd just eat some chocolate and think about running. it's so much easier! :) maybe your body is telling you to rest a bit? you never know.... :)

have a great weekend!

Laurel said...

Hope you are out enjoying this beautiful fall weather!