Tuesday 21 October 2008

Sharing

As it is in death, it is more so in life. We share.

Death brings us together to share our memories and grieve, death brings us together to laugh, to cry and to carry on with life.

Comments I heard yesterday while looking at the memory board were, "oh, there he is with his sister when they were kids", "look at that, I remember that Halloween costume", "he was doing what he loved doing", "I just can't believe he is gone", "it was so sudden".

We in blog land share our virtual lives with one another, we share training tips, we share training horror stories...

we share concerns for our children and grandchildren, we share concerns for one another when severe weather strikes us, whether it be Texas or eastern seaboard...

we share different lifestyles from Rome to Oahu, we share cooking tips from Belgium to Brisbane...

we share llama mauling, whitehead popping, speedy racers, to trashtastic topics from the Queen of Albany...

we share competitive cycling stories from Ottawa, Iowa to Queensland.

we share the excitement of someones first Iron Man to someones first try-a-try, to someones first half marathon and someones first marathon, we share!!!

We share our stories, our lives, our insecurities, our challenges and our triumphs...we share ourselves to people we may never meet, with people who we look forward to meeting and with people with whom we've met through this virtual world of ours.

It boils down to the common bond all of us have. It is the commitment to share a little bit of ourselves everyday, to laugh, to cry, to kick ass and tell someone to "bite your ass".

We share.


Thank you for that!!


and


speaking of sharing,


Look what I got yesterday in the mail!!!





Ted's Dean Karnazes 50 / 50 , the mobile book tour arrived in Canada!

Stay tuned for the information as to how you could be NEXT!!

Thanks for making me smile through the tears everyone.

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

25 comments:

Nitmos said...

Sorry to hear about the death of a friend. Thanks for sharing! :)

C said...

I like sharing my life with you, Lily. Especially when it concerns bikini waxes. ;)

((Hugs)) again, because I just feel like it.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

enjoy the book, i'm almost done reading it...

and you're so right -- this virtual, blogging community is amazing... glad you've found the support you needed :)

Unknown said...

I second Nitmos' thoughts.

I'm almost finished with Dean's book. I think you are going to like it.

Marlene said...

Great post, Laurel. ((HUGS!))

Kim said...

Thinking of you sweetie.

Marcy said...

What an awesome post (((HUGS))) again!

BeachRunner said...

What a beautiful post. Amen to all of that.

Wes said...

We really are about so much more than just this endurance sport or that one. Aren't we?

TNTcoach Ken said...

That's why I try to give someone a smile every chance I get.

bluecolnago said...

it's obviously been said before, but.....


^^^great post^^^

thanks for sharing!

:)

Carly said...

Great post!!!!! I couldn't agree more. I am so sorry about your friend. (hugs)

Jess said...

Enjoy the book!

triguyjt said...

great post....enjoy the book...I loved his ultra marathon man book because he was so introspective about why all the running and very descriptive about running the ultras.......ohh yeah very inspiring.....duhhh

choose me me... over here....me..... I gotta get that book....LOL

Nat said...

And we are the richer for it...

Hugs.

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh - my book has arrived in Canada safe and sound !!! Enjoy every minute of it. I think you will enjoy it.

Again - I am so sorry about your friend.

((hugs))

Casey said...

Thank you for sharing with us, and sorry to hear about the loss of a friend. Hopefully, tomorrow is nicer for you.

nwgdc said...

Sharing sure helps, doesn't it! With time, it gets better. Thanks for your story.

Marci said...

What a nice post Lily. It brightened what has been a long and exhausting day. Thanks friend!

Amy said...

Great post, you said it all. I'm thinking about you!

Unknown said...

Sorry to read about the death of a friend. May the good memories carry you forward.

Laurel said...

Beautiful post Laurel. Hope you're healing.

AddictedToEndorphins said...

I love this post! It is so true. We share everything...sometimes things that we don't share with other people in our lives.

Enjoy the book. Keep smiling.

Love and hugs.

Stuart said...

Great post, vitual buds are the best!

Groover said...

Laurel - you always find beautiful words to tell things like they are. The simple things, the ordinary things we take for granted. Thanks so much.