Saturday 18 October 2008

Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you so much everybody for your "kick in the butt loving" you all gave me from yesterdays post, that is just the attitude I need from you to "keep my head above water" as I fight off the affects of SAD.

Thanks too for being a part of my life for the past 200 posts!!!

Yes, this is number 200!! (chatty aren't I)

So with that said, there are a couple of races that are in my area....

Sunday, October 26, at the General Hospital.

Rattle Me Bones raises vital funds for patient care, arthritis, and orthopedic research at The Ottawa Hospital.

I've just put out an "all call" to the Wooo Hooo's to see if anyone else wants to join me. Blogger Nat will be there with some of her "brunch bunch".

The other race I'm anxiously waiting for is the Hypothermic Half Marathon in Ottawa in January. (Last year I ran the Half Marathon at P.F. Chang's Rock 'n Roll Phoenix, too much fun).

The 2009 race date hasn't been posted yet but this is from last year...yes, the medal is a large snow flake and usually they give you something really very nice along with your bling. Last year it was a fabulous running bag with a thermal running bottle. Handy to have in our cold winter of running.

The race is posted as "Brave the cold in Canada's capital to run as part of a group of 300 participants running or walking the half marathon", it is a small out and back loop race, just something to shake the cobwebs out of you after Christmas. Oh, oh, that "c" word just keeps creeping up in blogs everywhere!!

The sun is shining this morning and beckoning me to get out and "suck up" all the Vitamin D the sun has to offer, so I'm going to strap on my kicks and get out for a run and maybe later, hop on Ruby Red and go for a spin!

Have a great weekend everyone, thanks again!! Good Luck to everyone competing this weekend....

Life's fun if you don't weaken!

Lily

14 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Yay, she's running again.....

Jess said...

Glad you found your mojo!

Anonymous said...

Yup The Fabulous Ms. G. and I are going to do the 10K at Rattle Me Bones. Join us, you know you want too.

I am also toying with Hypothermic. It's January 24 this year. (According to the Clinic info. There is a Zen I kind of enjoyed with the out and back. (And the walkers were a hoot.) (BTW that waterbottle -- def. NOT insulated. Cool. But not insulated.)

Let me know... I'll keep an eye out for you...

Wes said...

Yea, you rock! (200!) I don't see any planning for the next tri!!

Marci said...

You took a well deserved break. Hypothermic half... mmm maybe I'll join you guys. What is the route like?

Unknown said...

Rattle Me Bones... I like that name. Woooooo... Hypothermic HM sounds like a blast to me.

200 posts already !!! Wow, Congrats !!!

bluecolnago said...

good on ya', young lady!

hope you got to ride ruby!

chia said...

YAAAAY! :-)

triguyjt said...

Awesome to hit that 200th...
congrats....!!!!!!

Laurel said...

Both races sound like a lot of fun and just what you need to get motivated again.

Congratulations on #200!

Meg said...

Half marathon...in January...in Ottawa. Sounds like fun! :)

C said...

Woo hoo!!! Congrats on reaching 200 posts too. :)

Casey said...

That hypothermic half sounds like it would be pretty interesting (and cold--ha!)! I'm intrigued!

Anonymous said...

The races sound fun. What a great name 'Hypothermic 1/2 marathon.' Glad all is well again.