Sunday 12 October 2008

Bling, Books and being Tagged!

Life has been busy crazy! This is always a good thing, it just makes you know you are alive! Luckily, this being our Thanksgiving weekend, the weather is unbelievably warm, sunny and almost summer like. I've been in shorts all weekend long!!

As most of my friends and some of the faithful blog readers know I suffer terribly from Seasonal Affective Disorder or more commonly referred to as SAD, so I have been really trying very hard not to let it get its grip on me so early in the season. So far I have been incredibly lucky and even luckier with receiving my "winnings" for the virtual weight loss challenge that was managed so impeccably by Quadrathon!!!

You all know I'm all about the....

BLING

Way back in July, Mr. "Q" set up a Worth the Weight challenge which was exactly what I needed at that time. I had been training for marathons and half marathons but I also wanted to throw in a Try-a-Tri, gah, who needed to see me in a bathing suit....so it was just the best way for me to "start my engines", much to my surprise I ended up in SECOND place in the weight loss challenge!! It was a well fought out challenge but it certainly came at the right time and I'm happy to report I'm still losing weight!

Thursday I received a notice that I "had mail", yes the old fashioned snail mail, not cyberspace mail...well much to my surprise when I went to our rural post office it was my Bling from the gracious sponsor's, via Mr. Q.!!!





Thank You Mr. Q, but also at this point, I'd like to say a big, nay huge, thank you to the sponsors:

Marianne at Headsweats,

Xy at Dirty Girl Gaiters

and

Julie at Wicked Fast Sports

for the extremely generous prizes!!! Thank you so very, very much! They have found a very happy home here in Canada and I shall wear, install and energise with all of you in mind constantly!!! Thank YOU!


Books


Okay, I'm on a role here.



My buddy Ted at Ted's Running Journal and Logbook had purchased and read Dean Karnazes book, 50 / 50 and decided that while he loves his books, why not share it!!!

What a "novel" idea!!!

So doesn't he set the the library in motion with "the library on wheels" and puts it out there that the first person who responds to his blog gets the copy to read, comment and pass along. Well, aren't I over reading at Mrs. Shop.Jog.Blog and Yup you guessed it, I'm next to get the book, #3!!!


Ted has even gone to the trouble (thank you so much) to identify not only my beautiful country (Canada), but my breathtaking city (Ottawa) with our city's flag and ehmmmm, adult BEvERage and a little trivia as to who our Prime Minister is!! Wow Ted, you are the very BEST!

So now I am really looking forward to receiving, reading and passing this book along to the next lucky reader....stay tuned!

Tagged



My not so close Canadian neighbour (three provinces over, but we are close at heart), Leana, tagged me with "I *heart* your blog". Thanks Leana, I love your blog too!!!

I'm to tell Six random things about myself, so here goes:

  • I've had multiple knee surgeries to my right knee with the most recent resulting in a portion of my patella (kneecap) being removed...
  • I'm afraid to cycle out on our main roadways....hence a fear I have to overcome to be able to be a competitive triathlete...
  • I've recently become a vegetarian (again) although I do eat fish, eggs and dairy...
  • I know, I know, I've said it before, I'm actually shy...
  • I hate starting a sentence with " I "...
  • My motor skills are for being left handed but way back when I went to school you were not allowed to write with your left hand....so I am able to write with both hands which makes me ambidextrous, but with being a Gemini, it is quite a common trait!

  • So, there you go! Play along at will if you wish, I won't tag anyone because most of you have been tagged by someone already!

    Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Monday is our Thanksgiving Holiday!

    Enjoy our bountiful country, bountiful table and give thanks to those who are serving our country so very far away on this Thanksgiving weekend! Thank YOU for keeping our country safe and free from harm...God Bless.

    Life's fun if you don't weaken,

    Lily

    25 comments:

    teacherwoman said...

    Thanks for sharing the random facts... I couldn't imagine doing all the running you do after three knee surgeries. That is amazing! Rock on girl!

    Marlene said...

    WOW, amazing that the knee surgery has not gotten in the way of your goals.

    I am in a lineup of people to borrow that book from someone - sounds so good!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Marcy said...

    Look at that loot!! Very nice! You worked hard for that stuff! ;D

    You're left handed/ambidextrous too?! We have so much in common :-) Although I wasn't forced to be a righty I just can do it LOL

    Nat said...

    Dude that rocks... look at all that.

    I find it hard this time of year too. But this weather sure is helping.

    bluecolnago said...

    nice schwag! you earned it, girl!

    have a happy thanksgiving!

    keep smiling!

    Jess said...

    That's a lot of surgery to keep as active as you do -- amazing!

    Mel-2nd Chances said...

    it's amazing that you didn't give up on running and accomplish so much after all those knee surgeries! Congrats! And congrats on the loot too!

    triguyjt said...

    way to score that bling there lilly.... awesome stuff...

    best to you in dealing with the seasonal..I know it can be a big problem for people.....

    next year..an olympic triathlon for you....yes...

    enjy the holiday

    Unknown said...

    I'm reading Dean's book right now. So far, it's really good.

    Groover said...

    What's the book about? Can't wait to read your review down the track.

    C said...

    I am envious of your bling.

    I can only write with my left hand, but I do most other things (sports, etc) right-handed. That's kinda ambidextrous, right? ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    Anonymous said...

    congrats on the weight challenge Lily! Good for you!
    Hope you're enjoying the long weekend.

    HUGS
    Ter

    Anonymous said...

    congrats on the weight challenge Lily! Good for you!
    Hope you're enjoying the long weekend.

    HUGS
    Ter

    Wes said...

    Ahhhh, bling :-) It rules our world!!! hahahaha!!

    Tanya said...

    Gotta love the bling! Hubby says the only reason I race is for the medals! I love learning random things about people-everyone has a story, right? And happy Thanksgiving!

    Laurel said...

    OK, first off I have to say, I love reading your blog. You're so positive all the time! :)

    Congrats on all the winnings!!! Loot at all that schwag! And great job on the weight loss challenge!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

    Amy said...

    Happy Thanksgiving to you, Lily, have a great day!

    And congratulations on doing so well on your weight loss, and being so determined after all your surgeries, I am amazed that you can keep up with your running after all that!

    Unknown said...

    Happy Thanksgiving to YOU !!! Can't wait to dig the turkey next month! Feels like a long way to go! Once you get the book, enjoy every page of it.

    Nice schwag you got there!~

    Aron said...

    happy Thanksgiving!!! hope you have a great day :)

    jahowie said...

    Happy Thanksgiving!! Very nice bling you got there. I like surprises like that. Have a great holiday!! :-)

    robison52 said...

    I finished Dean's book two weeks ago and not only was he motivational, but also had instructional tidbits throughout! You're not only going to enjoy the book, but you'll learn from it too!!

    Casey said...

    Wow, that's some nice swag! I just found your blog! Very fun! :)

    Frayed Laces said...

    Dang girl! Nice goods!

    Nitmos said...

    Knee surgery scares me. I hope it stays away. And that makes your running accomplishments that much more special.

    LIrunner9 said...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and the congrats!!

    I definitely have to check out that book, thanks for sharing!!