Saturday 8 March 2008

My Kind of Man!

One of the fellows in my office yells out to me on Thursday, "hey, there's hope for you yet!"

Not really paying attention I answer back, gee, thanks, thinking it was because I found a million dollar error in one of the construction reports that I was working on. He continues by saying, "he's your kind of man!". Okay, now I'm interested, having been single for awhile now, so I saunter into his office and he's reading a british newspaper. The title of the article is He Sings, He Runs and He's Only 101!


Buster Martin is 101 and just completed a half marathon in the wicked time of just over 5 hours! He said his time would have been faster but he stopped for a smoke break!

Running with the mandatory smoke and beer break! I LIKE this guy. He already holds records for being the oldest person to run a 5K, 10K and half marathon.

Buster is now training, for the London Marathon on April 13, 2008. GOOD LUCK BUSTER!
We will be watching for you !




"You are never too old to do what you enjoy."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the guy doesn't look any where close to 100! this is amazing!

I've seen the rock group he's in... gotta go to youtube and watch the Zimmers sing My generation. You can see him in that too!

There you go Lily... maybe the beer break is something to consider! LOL!!
t

Rudy said...

Wow, there is hope for me yet.

Beer breaks while exercising is a program I can get into LOL

Jane Hards Photography said...

So your're aware of Buster then. Marvellous isn't he. He's a minor celeb now. They have been following his training program on the news, beer fags and laughter.

Not sure his exercise regime is for everyone though.

Now i know why we have had no snow in the isle of man, it's all at your door?

Jane Hards Photography said...

Hope you didn't hurt your hand thumping the desk re Isle of Man Hangover.

In mainland UK It's Sport relief today. People are running( mainly walking) a mile for chairty.nno doublt Buster will be there.