Friday 30 March 2012

Finally Friday

Another crazy, stressful, exhausting week.  Well, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger I suppose.
  • My running has been sporadic to say the least, but at least I'm running.  Three times per week is just fine for me considering I don't have a target race to train for.  My new kicks are really nice and quite a bit lighter than the previous Saucony's I was wearing.

  • Two weeks ago I took the plunge and signed up for the GrandFondo Bike Tour this July.  I'm pretty excited about it especially for the fact that I don't have to train for it in craptastic cold spring weather like you have to do if you are cycling the Rideau Lakes Tour in June...bonus!  Once I registered I took my bike to "the Toy Store" for its annual spring tune-up.  I just called and they haven't even started to work on yet!  I told them I'd be there after work to pick it up and it had better be ready.   Nuff said, I think that two weeks is plenty of time to have to work on a bike!



Davey, it is one of my designs.  Since I was born in the Year of the Snake and I am also a Gemini, it consists of two snakes.  The numbers depict the Half Marathon (21.1k) and Full Marathon (42.2k) distances I have raced over the years.  Hope this little explanation helps.   I'm still undecided as to what I will create to commemorate the Half Ironman I did last year (distance of 113k or in the USA, known as 70.3).

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  I'm off to remove the snow tires from the car and put on the brand new seasonal tires (If we get a snowstorm any time soon, it isn't my fault), and to pick up the "better be ready" tuned up bike.  I want to get rolling this weekend!

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

11 comments:

BreeWee said...

Lily, sign up NOW! You have to for your 60th, I want to see you there :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Since you signed up the weather has gone to the crapper! LOL...........

Born To Endure said...

whoa..sexy tatt girl!!!

Wes said...

Sounds busy! Happy busy!

MrDaveyGie said...

Cool beans, on the Tat. I've been thinking about starting my firt tat with a small bicycle, and then adding each time I accomplish a goal, a biking milestone so to speak. So I would build a string of bikes.....

Marlene said...

That is definitely long enough to tune up a bike. I hope you got her back! Time to have some fun out there.

raulgonemobile said...

Nice ink! I like it!

I probably should take my bike in some time soon. sigh..

Black Knight said...

A great tattoo, beautiful and with many meanings: I could say .... esoteric!
3 times a week is a very good routine and now you are ready for other adventures by bike.

MarieA said...

AS IF you have a tattoo.... bolder than me that's for sure.
I hate needles. Of any kind. I faint when I have to go for blood tests. oy!
Like the running shoes too!

Anne said...

I like your tattoo.

Anonymous said...

Welcome To Station Bicycles-Cheap bicycles in uk-used bikes in uk
Just quote the reference code at shop and avail 10% discount
this offer is valid only before purchase not for after purchase.

Valid up to 20th,April,2012

Services code : 8S56

Accessories code : 11A57

Bicycles code : 7B58

Website : http://stationbicycles.co.uk/ Ph no : 020 8520 6988