- shovel snow off the decks and then the driveway,
- shovel snow again because the plough went by,
- shovel snow because Canada Post can't reach your mailbox.
- then on to dusting, cleaning and laundry, oh and take Lily to the vet for her annual check-up.
- visit Dad,
- pick up meds and groceries for Bob (his chemo treatment knocked the crap out of him this week), THEN cook up some meals for him, label them and put in his freezer.
I'm at the stage now where I need to write down everything otherwise, it becomes a sea of swirl and nothing gets completed, let alone started. Oddly, when I went to retrieve my "Honey Do List", my eyes didn't see any of the above to accomplish on this day...but eyes saw this apparition!
That is EXACTLY what I needed to do to connect with my inner child!
So began the emails to some of my friends and we met up bright and early in the freezing cold temperatures and freshly fallen snow.
|a freezing cold start|
|deep into the woods|
|back to the bush for some warmth|
|met some skiers|
|my little chickadee|
|not a cloud in the sky|
|resting and texting...leave the electronics at home!|
|we're freezing so which way to go?|
|where are my treats?|
Speaking of treats, we'd been out for over an hour and a half , that was enough to get our tummies rumbling. We continued our good time while warming up with brunch and hot coffee! After many tales, much laughter and warmth, it was time to head back to reality.
Life's fun if you don't weaken,