Thursday 26 August 2010

Three Things Thursday

  • It is now Thursday and my last productive run was on Sunday, where does the week go?  It was a nice 10K at a 7 minute pace.  I'm trying to up my running pace on my long slow distances because I have found over the past several years my slow pace is way too slow.  So, we will see how it all works out.  I'm no gazelle but I don't have to poke along either.

  • My back is finally starting to feel a little better since I've been seeing the chiropractor regularly and I'm waiting to hear about my spine xray, hopefully it will shed some light on my pain.  I'm also being more diligent with stretching and doing some yoga in the morning.  Now, if I could just remember to get up, move about and stretch more often while at work things would be even better.

  • The days are beginning to get shorter (or as Ken said, the evenings are getting longer), I can already feel my slip into SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), so I'm trying VERY hard to stay motivated.  I've begun taking Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and B12.  If I start early enough I'm hoping I'll be able to ward off this slide into winter depression.  Oh and planning a winter get away to somewhere warm and sunny with a fellow blogger, turned real life friend is being planned, that will definitely keep my mood bright and sunny too!!!
Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your back feels better soon.

Good job on the 10K run. I haven't made it past 4 miles yet on my return to running. Maybe, just maybe, I might run that far this weekend.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, I thought it was just me that was getting SAD about the seasonal change..... Good thing it doesn't happen every year!

Marlene said...

Good for you pushing the pace a little. You have plenty of steam in those legs!

Ooooh, a winter getaway sounds devine! Hubs and I planned one for January. Definitely need to break up the winter BLAHS!

Andrew Opala said...

Your slow pace is a dream for me, but having a goal is what makes every day interesting.

You motivate me!

Judi said...

hoping your back feels better soon. who is this special blogger you are planning a vaca with, hmmmm?

Mike Russell said...

I take a month off in the fall and then start a lighter training schedule November 1st. It helps keep me motivated and my attitude positive.

Mike

Grey Beard said...

Designed a light for a friend who suffers from SAD. The N*Vision lights Home Depot sells here in the states are the same color temp, 5,500k, as the expensive SAD lights.

I just used 25 ceramic sockets in a long rectangular light box made from 1" lumber that was mounted over her couch, with a box-grid grill for a lens. Seemed to work just fine, great reading light, and not too expensive to run.

Using 2-3 circuits allows for 3-way or more light levels.
Hope this helps.

KovasP said...

Maybe get a sunlamp for the SAD? I find I need to slow myself down on my long runs. Speedwork is what I need to get faster.

Jess said...

Come to FL! It's always sunny here :)

teacherwoman said...

Good question... where did this week go? I can only hope this is a sign of how fast the school year is going to go! lol

Linda said...

Pain is horrible....back pain is one of the worst! Thanks for the reminder, I haven't been taking my Vit D lately!

Chris K said...

Hi Lily,
Thanks for stopping by my Blog earlier today. I see a couple of my blogging frieds also follow you (Kovas and Andrew). When I started following Andrew I thought he was a speed demond until I realized he was using that silly metric system.

Anonymous said...

oy... tell me about back pain. My very expensive pillow mattress is a torture instrument. and who wants a used mattress? I have decided to replace it with a non pillow top thing.

lamp./.. get a lamp... everyone I know who gets SAD LOVES their lamps.
HUGS
Ter