Friday 22 January 2010

Indulge me...

I'm sitting here reading about all of you, yes, all you young and older people and your hopes, dreams and aspirations about running, cycling and tri-ing in 2010.  I have to admit, I am so desirous of your youth, vigour and energy.

I too have my goals and expensive ''to do list" for the upcoming year...but believe me when I say, I am not jumping on the bandwagon tonight while all of Hollywood is having their Hope for Haiti Now telecast on every channel imaginable.

This is a world wide dilemma and we, in our affluent countries can help where and when we can....

Please make a donation today, whether it is one dollar or more...please...we need to help the people of Haiti...

Canadian Red Cross

American Red Cross

Please, just do what you can, even if you never comment, yet are a silent reader....

I've made my donation, Have YOU?

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

10 comments:

Jess said...

I donated to the Red Cross last Wednesday.

Dave1949 said...

It's odd what you sometimes find out. A couple of weeks ago I thought I was having a bad time this year.
I still have food, a home, medical care and friends to help me.
I made a donation this week too.
By the way I like the new Banner.
and thanks for caring about others.

MrDaveyGie said...

Well said.

Nat said...

Of course we did... :)

Anne said...

Done...through Partners in Health. Thanks for caring...

Aka Alice said...

Absolutely!

Amy said...

Right on! My grocery store made it so easy to donate, I just added it to my bill at the check out. It almost felt TOO easy, if you know what I mean. God bless all the people in Haiti.

Jenn said...

Nice post Lily! Pure devastation and yes even $1 can make a difference!

Unknown said...

You bet. Canadian Red Cross was my choice.

Judi said...

dominic donated his monday lunch tips. today i watched as 100's of orphans were brought to miami to new homes and families and i cried like a baby.