Friday 15 January 2010

Cravings, Bodily functions & a Road Race...


Cravings, Since Christmas I have been craving salt!  I haven't used salt in anything other than what is forced on me through packaged foods in over 30 years.  What's up with that?  When I eat rice I have to include soya sauce, if I have sweet potato fries, I'm adding table salt.  My eyes are beginning to  look like two pee holes in the snow!!!  Anyone got some answer's here?


Bodily Functions, yes you read that correctly, a daily (I hope for your sake) function NO one wants to talk about.  Well, I'm up for the "big" check up in a couple of weeks, so with that said, I haven't been able to take some of my vitamins, especially vitamin C nor drink orange juice for the last three days.  Apparently this is normal before the faecal occult blood test which is a prelude of the "big" check up ~ the Flexible sigmoidoscopy.  Depending upon the results of the sigmoidoscopy, it will determine if I require an actual colonoscopy.   Ahhhh aging, ain't it great?  But you know what?  With a history of colon cancer in my family, I don't care what "Embarrassment" I may feel, I'd sooner be safe than sorry, it's all about covering your ass!  If you've never had this check up, I would highly recommend speaking to your doctor about it.

Now onto the next blog topic,

Richmond Road Race, I'm looking forward to Sunday, it'll be a not so fast 5K trot!!

this is what it looked like last year....



The weather predictions are all over the board, yesterday they said sunny and cool ~ today's forecast for Sunday is cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low minus 4. High plus 1.  I suppose we will know exactly what we are getting when we open our eyes on Sunday morning.

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

16 comments:

Marlene said...

Taking care of your health is number 1!

Have fun at the 5K this weekend! I hope the weather is pleasant.

Pining for Pinterest said...

Have a great weekend!! Good luck on your race :-)

Judi said...

well, at least they sedate you for those tests....

:)

drink lots of water.

Anonymous said...

LOL ain't life grand especially as we age. Hope you have a great race and weather that's fit too!

Dave1949 said...

Well of course you don't really cover your ass you uncover it but they knock you out so even though you know your exposed you aren't really there to share the embarrassment.
Unless of course your doctor is the kind that likes to post stuff on you tube.
Take care and have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

There with you girlfriend. (Well, not for the race. Have a good one!)

Lily on the Road said...

HA! I knew you'd pick up on the "cover your ass" Dave!

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

Try herbs and spices like cayenne, paprika, basil leaves, pepper, no salt garlic and herb or any of the DASH seasonings. Hope this helps curb those salt cravings. Stay warm and enjoy the snow!
-marn

Marci said...

Have a good 5K run, temps look good!

Jess said...

Have a good race!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Enjoy the race on Sunday!!! Smart lady taking care of your health!! #1 for sure!

Amy said...

Covering your ass by uncovering it - good for you for being proactive with your health! Keep an eye on those salt cravings, though. Good luck at your 5k on Sunday!!!

teacherwoman said...

I don't know what to tell you about the salt issue... and, good for you on keeping up with your health... which reminds me I need to schedule my yearly! yay!

Have fun tomorrow! :)

C said...

My sister and a friend have both had a colonoscopy. Their stories are slightly disturbing but amazingly hilarious. Then again, the hilarity comes from being on the other side... ;)

MarieA said...

hmmm your body might be craving salt because you're missing something? maybe it's the iodine? maybe some sodium... just a thought.

Fecal occult test. My doctore gets me to do that one every year Great fun... slapping poo on cardboard and then putting it in the mail..
So... fecal occult test and covering your ass? no pun intended I guess?

bwa ha ha..

ShirleyPerly said...

I know I was craving salt this summer when training in the heat. But given that it's cold where you are, not sure what's going on ...

But I like that CYA comment. That should be the test motto :-)

Hope your race went well!