Monday 16 February 2009

A total blunder

Today was Family Day in Ontario, some government offices were open, some were closed, banks were closed, the post office was open and couriers were not working, does anybody know who is suppose to be working and who isn't?

My office was open today, however, we are all on contract (mine has a little less leeway), so whether the guys come in or not is up to them. Out of six of us, three were there and one more filtered in around 10:30. Since I had plenty of time to do nothing this morning I had the chance to go through the pile of stuff on my desk and on the credenza behind me. As I was sorting through things I saw a cloth object that was pink...you guessed it 'The Shirt that Races', oh my gawd! I can't believe it!!! It is still here in Ontario and not in Tennessee for the February 14th race for Nicole!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Ever since I received the shirt, it has been a bit of an albatross (albeit a nice one).

I am so embarrassed and I can not tell a lie...it is on my desk, Nicole I am sooooo sorry!

Now what? Nicole do you have another race that you can wear it at before it is to be passed along to the next runner, do I send it to the runner after Nicole...

What to do, what to do...I am so embarrassed....

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

13 comments:

Marcy said...

YIKES chica!! I'm sure she'll understand ;-)

Kim said...

OH.MY.GAWD! How dare you! I can't believe you could have done something like that.

For real...we all blunder girlie...I'm sure it's going to be okay. Goose!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

oh well, life sometimes gets the better of us... :) Don't feel bad, there will be other races... You're so right about today being a confusing holiday. Malls were closed, but I got mail delivery, and couldn't get liquor. LOL I run out of the Vaughan RR, so we start up by Canada's Wonderland, but live in Thornhil. Very cool that you have roots around here! :)

Unknown said...

oopsie!!

Marlene said...

It happens to the best of us. Don't sweat it too much!

Laurel said...

LOL!! Totally sounds like something I would do. I'm sure she'll understand.

C said...

It's all good. There are always other races. No worries, L!

bluecolnago said...

i better clean my desk. i wonder what's hidden there? :)

have a great day! it'll be fine.

BeachRunner said...

OMG!!
The shirt issue has to go down as the worst Family Day tragedy EVER! Lily, you really messed up this one. I am not sure the blog world can forgive you. But, I, on the other hand, am one who can rise above the fray and find it in my beachy heart to show forgiveness. :)

Wes said...

Get that sucker back into circulation and karmatic goodness will be restored :-)

Nike+ said...

Hello Laurel,
Congratulations for your blog.
An email to get in touch?

Vava said...

Don't sweat it - this just adds more mytique to the shirt's history!

Jess said...

I'm sure she'll understand.