Thursday 23 February 2012

Okay, I'm a lemming...Three Things Thursday

Following the pack is not always a good thing, your view is full of Arseholes, but other than that, I will attempt a three things Thursday concept.

  • Ontario is freaking out because there is a powerful snow storm set to hit our province.  People, it is winter, we live in Canada, get over it!  Of course the majority of the freak out is coming from Toronto, yes, the city who had to call in the military one year when they got an actual snowfall.  Marlene, bust out the yack tracks its coming to getcha!!!
  • On the fitness front, other than starting to get back to running, spinning on the bike trainer and doing some stretches that I try to pass off as yoga, not too much is going on.  Short distances, nothing epic, but at least it is a start.
  • Went out with the girl's last night to catch up on some long overdue chitchat.  Fully anticipating normal Ottawa Winter Weather we choose the Canal Ritz Restaurant, which overlooks the World's Longest Skateway.   Unfortunately we have been experiencing really mild unseasonal weather lately and the canal  has been closed for skating.  If you ever come to Ottawa, I would highly recommend this restaurant!  The food is exceptional and the ambiance ~ wonderful!!  Winter or summer, it is a fabulous place to spend some quality time!!

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

6 comments:

Born To Endure said...

SNOW?? What's that??

TNTcoach Ken said...

We're bracing for that same storm and co-workers are already lining up their excuses for not coming in! It's February...... Duh! I'm hating this new word verification.......

Marlene said...

HAHA! I know, bunch of sissies. We will never live that down. But make no mistake... I do not consider myself a Torontonian. I'm safely in the burbs where we do not cry wolf over a little white stuff. :)

ajh said...

One of these days I want to get to Ottawa. Yeah for Girls Nights Out.

Ewa said...

Love, love girls' nights out! We women tend to get so busy with things, taking care of others, we forget about ourselves.
I thought Canadians were hardier than that. :)

My workouts could be better too. So OK, I bike quite a bit but my running sucks.

chia said...

Oh how I miss YakTraxx!!! Hope you're enjoying the winter xoxo.