Friday 6 May 2011

A quickie ~ post that is...



Finally we are getting some warmer weather and sunshine.  The SUN, I think that is what they call the glowing thing in the sky is shining brightly, it has been so very long since we've seen it, it is hard to tell.

Today starts the Tulip Festival in Ottawa, lets hope that Mother Nature gives all the bus loads of tourists some warm weather and dazzling sights!  I'll be riding the bike to down-town on Sunday as it is the 32K run from the Running Room in Kanata to the Bank Street store.  I have done this run before and it is an absolute blast!  (it is the last long run before the Ottawa Marathon).  There are several friends running the 32K K2B, so I want to be there for moral support.

This past week has been really rainy and cold, so no, I didn't get out on Blizzard, however, this weekend I'll be pedalling my ass off in preparation of the Rideau Lakes Century Tour.

preparing the sag wagons

 Last year was an amazing journey down to Kingston, Ontario.  The way home the next day, not so great...I'm not even going to think that craptastic weather will happen again this year.

cold, no, VERY cold and rainy
Saturday, Blizzard and I are off to tackle the Stewartville Dam Hill again, I'll take along the camera too.

Whatever you are up to this weekend, stay safe, have fun and be the best you can be!

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

7 comments:

Wes said...

happy pedaling! our tulips have come and gone!

Marlene said...

Sounds like fun plans fot this weekend. Let's hope that sun keeps shining. ENJOY! :)

Fruit Fly said...

Wonderful! Have a great weekend - and enjoy that nice weather!

Anne said...

Have a great weekend Lily! :)

MarieA said...

bike safely - hoe the wind is at your back. Tulips didn't know there was a festival going on. Nothing has bloomed yet. Next weekend will be better apparently.

Groover said...

I love the tulip shot. Great angle, great colours, simply beautiful. Have fun this weekend, Laurel. Hope your skies are as blue as ours.

Sunshine said...

YES! Finally spring.
Thanks for the tulips.