Tuesday 22 June 2010

Tuesday's Tidbits

Yesterday I had started a post about receiving the You're going places baby award from Anne at Asthma and the Gift of Running when I received word about Wendy's sudden passing while visiting with her brother and friends in Grand Cayman.   This was a total shock as I had chatted with her on Friday and we exchanged "blog words" on Saturday, that very morning just before she headed off for her Flowers Sea Swim.  Wendy was a gentle spirit with a passion for life and all it could give her.  I will miss her encouraging words, her curiosity towards life, her love for her family and for her "Boarder", aka, Onyx her cat and "for all things sparkly"...just knowing that Wendy was loving and living her life to the fullest and enjoying her time in the Caymans and so graciously sharing with us her photo's of her beloved underwater sea world makes me grateful for her time she shared with all of us, virtual and otherwise.  

Wendy you will be sorely missed.

so back to blogging as Wendy would want,

I'm to tell you where I'll be in my life ten years from now:

  • I'd like to think that I'd be retired from working, but since I front loaded my life with fun it is highly unlikely!!
  • at almost 70, I'll still be cycling and going on cycle tours, look out Blizzard!
  • I'll still be running and most likely be doing a lot more swimming since it would be easier for my old bones.
  • I'd like to think that all my house renovations will be complete and I won't be "camping" in my own home.
  • I'll still have all the Woooo Hoooo's to walk, run, cycle, swim, ski, party and share life with.
  • Maybe I'll have met some really nice old single grandfather....with grand-kids that go home at the end of the day!
  • I'll continue to travel to places I've never been before, I don't have a "must to go" location, but there are so many interesting spots in this old world, I may just stick a pin in a map, that's a good way to start travelling.
  • Since I don't have children nor grandchildren, I'll continue to have pets, if I had the money I'd have a shelter farm for formerly abused animals ~ great and small.
  • Hopefully I'll get to meet more of my blogger friends in person and share a run / event / good meal  and of course a mandatory adult BEvERage with them.
  • and finally, I hope to still have my health and a strong mind to continue to live life to its fullest.
What about you? Where will you be in ten years???  I won't tag anyone, but feel free to tag yourself....and share a little bit of what you see in your crystal ball for your future.

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

9 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Thanks for your terrific perspective on your future. I am still feeling very melancholy over Wendy’s passing and your post was just what I needed.

Now it is time for me to get back to blogging as well.

Marlene said...

Weny sounds like she was someone special. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Great post - you have such a zest for life and I know we will still be swaping bloggy love 10 years from now, hopefully meeting up a few times in between! Amazing how we can be so close and yet so far, as they say.

TNTcoach Ken said...

I went out to Wendy's blog and read her last post. Once again sorry about your friend. So now we just state our age by tens(almost 70)??? I hear you about that retirement thang, I don't see it either......

Anne said...

My thoughts remain with you and Wendy's family...

You described yourself exactly as I imagined you to be 10 years from now :) :)

Nat said...

I was reading Wendy's blog. She seemed so happy. I thought to myself, at least she died somewhere she seemed to love.

Ten years from now.
- Heartbreaking but The Boy will be university or college and we'll be broke.
- For my 50th, we are having one heck of a shindig. (You're planning to come FYI.)
- I am a successful business owner, who does it her own way.
- And all this drama will just be a long long ago memory.

You were in my thoughts today.

Unknown said...

I love your future and how you see it..hope you always live this way!

MrDaveyGie said...

That was good stuff Laurel. Being the same age, I can relate to most of em.

Linda said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I love the sounds of your future...maybe I'll join you!

Runner Leana said...

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Laurel. Hugs to you. It sounds as though she was a well loved member of the blogging community and in life.

And yes, an adult beverage will be absolutely mandatory in September!