Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

  • My taxes are done, and were submitted on time and I'm (supposedly) getting money back.  I even took my bloodpressure while doing my taxes and it was 121 / 76.  Wonder what it would be if I didn't have any stress?

  • My trip to home was fantastic, although ten days early, I went home to celebrate my father's 90th birthday.  We had an incredible time together and on Sunday he was recognised at our church for all of the years he has dedicated to maintaining the church grounds.  Even while he was working full time with Toronto's finest, he would work in the gardens on the church property and he has won awards from the City for his beautiful displays of flora which in turn attracted fauna and fowl.  The church ladies made him a beautiful birthday cake and quilted him a lovely comfort quilt.   The minister presented him with a comemorative coin from the Canadian Mint with two goldfinch on it....how special is that?  Its not everyday you get to turn 90!!!


  • Finally, the ski club minutes are done!  Whoot!  Just in time for the May meeting next week!!!  GAH!  Today is the day I start back running, this should be interesting, since I haven't been running in ages.  Oh well, one foot in front of the other....maybe start with a simple 2k.  Hey, you've got to start somewhere!!
Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

9 comments:

Bert said...

May we all make 90 and still be able to enjoy the day like your father! Good luck with the running re-start.

Wes said...

Yay! Good luck getting back into it!! You timed it just right...

Ewa said...

Happy birthday to your dad.

I feel like I am starting to run from scratch now too coming of the injury that I am not 100% sure is cured. It is a wonderful feeling to run again.
So happy running to you, and I think you are so right, easy does it.

Marlene said...

Deep sigh of relief!

Happy Belated Birthday to your father. 90... wow! Sounds like quite a guy.

Have a great day, doll!

Unknown said...

Glad it was such a wonderful celebration for your Dad! (And hurrah for getting taxes done!)

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you and yr dad had a great weekend together, Will hear more about it when we manage our TAPAS break.
HUGS
T

Anne said...

What great genes you have...and what a wonderful weekend with your family. Yay dad!!

Now back to the day to day and have a great run :)

Keith said...

I just got my refund today. Why two goldfinch?

Good luck with the run!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

WOw, happy belated to your dad! That's awesome!