Thursday 25 February 2010

Three Things Thursday

I have never written a three things Thursday, but I'm willing to try anything once.

  1. Some of my Running Room friends and I have planned a Full Moon Snowshoe for Saturday night, however, our weather is just crazy right now.  It switches from snow, to rain, to snow to just plain gorp...not sure if we will in fact have any snow to "shoe" on but if not, someone has suggested "strip twister" as a backup ~ trust me when I say THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

  2. After reading Anne's blog Asthma and the Gift of Running about the Winter Pentathlon that is held in Quebec City and having all sorts of Canadian Olympic spirit, the Wooo Hooo's are going to have their first ever Winter Relay Triathlon.  Yes, I'm organising a winter tri, you know I just get crazier as I get older.  Those of you who have been reading my blog for awile, well, you know that we have a Wooo Hooo Du in August, so this will be our winter answer to the doldrums.  There will be three relay teams starting with a 2km run, they then tag their team mate who then snowshoes (distance to be determined), they in turn tag their crosscountry ski team mate who ski's back to our "party palace" for the required pot luck and BEvERages.  Fun No???

  3. 2010 is shaping up to be very interesting, a little bit of running, a whole lot of cycling and a blogger meet up in the fall...
There you go, my first three things Thursday...

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

16 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun!!!

Ewa said...

Full Moon Snowshoe! Now that sounds just wonderful. I hope it will start snowing there for you or try US NorthEast. I understand they will be getting TONS of snow again. :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Are U sure you'll do anything once?????? HA

Wes said...

strip twister

I had to think about that one for a minute, but then I LOLed... :-)

Oh, do organize a winter tri. That would be so much fun!!

Carolina John said...

lol at wes. i was pulling for the strip twister too!

and i'm curious about the fall blogger meetup now? when? where? i've got one in mind as well.

Marlene said...

Your winter relay sounds so fun! I wish I was closer so I could join you lovely ladies! You wouldn't catch me on skis, though. ;)

Blogger meet-up - WHERE AND WHEN?

Anne said...

Oh WOW Laurel! That's a great idea...now my husband and I want to organise our own winter triathlon with friends :) ...I am feeling so inspired and excited!!

Bert said...

Three word comment: 'way to go!'

Julie said...

Yep, I would say that your 2010 looks pretty busy and exciting!! Running, cycling and the best is the blogger meet up....that will be so fun for you:) Happy Thursday!!

ajh said...

I just found your blog from Ewas. Very funny. I like your wordless Wednesday pictures!

MrDaveyGie said...

"a whole lot of cycling" <--Lily has seen the light. :-)

Amy said...

Strip Twister? I would pass, too !!

The Winter Relay sounds great, though, a really fun event!

Good job with the cycling!

Black Knight said...

3 interesting things indeed. Well, canandian winter is very different....

Runner Leana said...

Oh, the relay sounds like a blast!!

Unknown said...

Full Moon Fun!

Vickie said...

Where in the fall??