Saturday 5 July 2008

Ahhhh, the Weekend!



The sun is just coming up over the Gatineau Hills and across the Ottawa River, I'm on my back deck drinking my coffee! It's not even 6am, but I love summer and don't want to miss a moment!

It's going to be a busy weekend, the usual stuff around the house to do. I just went through my T-shirt drawer and have a stack of them to send off to the Salvation Army.

For ten years I had an at home clothing business as a co-ordinator / Team Leader / Future Manager with Weekender Ladies Wear, which I retired from last year. It was a secondary job to supplement my income, I enjoyed it but it wasn't my passion.

Just recently I heard through the grapevine that the Company went bankrupt in a short two years when the new owners took over. It is truly sad that a well established Canadian owned company goes down the drain, do to improper management. Very sad. I feel badly for the ladies that were still selling the clothes. Today, I will officially rid myself of leftover stock, (Salvation Army) any and all paraphernalia and close off that segment of my life. Feels good to have made that decision.

Later on today I'll head up the valley to Fitzroy Harbour for their Habour Days weekend festival. Glenda and her large extended family are in the ball tournament, so I'll go to cheer them on, swill some suds and get sun burnt, dirty, dusty and happy!!!!

Shortly I'll head out for my run and yes Chris , the bike, my old Iron Pig is up and almost ready to go....

Tomorrow is our group 10K LSD, which makes me realise that next weekend is the Utica Boilermaker, yipppeeee......I love that race!!!

Any blogger's going to Utica??? Let me know! It is always a blast!!!

Have a great weekend everyone, oh and....


Lily is back on the payroll!!!
NO MICE!!!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have such fond memories of camping up at Fitzroy. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend. Sounds like fun!

Ya know... you could take those clothes to a consignment store and sell them AS IF they were second hand. I do it all the time.
Those impulse purchases that make me wonder "where in the world did I think I was going to wear THAT?!?!?" as I looked at the the pink spandex pants with the gold sparkles down the side...... sigh...

just sayin..
hey! I got $20 bucks for those pants! LOL

T
talk next week. Gone to camp to cook for the little darlings! (-:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful photo.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Groover said...

Yeah - rub it in. It's 10 am, I'm sitting on the back deck having my coffee shivering because it's still cold despite sitting in the sun ... I want summer to come back! Sigh!

Good on ya, Lily! Do you reckon she got scared when I threatened to send Trouble over? Check out today's post ... Trouble in his good mood! :-)

teacherwoman said...

Great photo! And we do need to take in as much summer as possibly. Unfortunately it will be gone before we know it.

triguyjt said...

gorgeous...gorgeous photo...

nothing beats the deck/patio early am and reading..or just chilling...cept we are usually out slogging away the miles on the road or in the pool..haha

have a great time for the boilermaker

Marci said...

Now I want a cup of coffee on the back of a deck! LOL. Have a great weekend and good for you for cleaning out and moving forward!

Viv said...

Busy Busy...Hope you have a great 10K run today, and had a lot of fun at the festival.
That morning on the deck seems amazing. I love to chillax just like that if my kid would stop driving me nutz for 5 minutes.

Steve Stenzel said...

Oh yeah... salvation army...

You've reminded me I promised my wife that I'd clean out my dresser drawers. Gotta go...

Chris said...

You are up at 6am and don't even need to be??? I wish I could sleep in without waking up to crying children just one day a year.

I look forward to reading about the bike adventures.

TNTcoach Ken said...

I love the weekends, why are they so short?

Wes said...

I could so live on a lake :-) Hope you had a great weekend!!!

Nitmos said...

The "Boilermaker" has a wonderfully delicious sounding race name. Perchance are they serving at the finish line?

C said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Early good luck wishes for the race on Saturday.